So as you all know I recently had surgery. i was really nervous the day before so as always i turned to the comfort of humor. This only took me about 10 or 15 min to write but it turned out really funny. I gave it to my doctor and she absolutely loved it! she asked me if I could e-mail it to her so she could send it to a few doctor friends of hers. i hope you like it too.
The Consultation
So you are having surgery...
It’s no big deal
Just a small little cut
And a clear liquid meal
Nothing can go wrong
Everything will be fine
But just in case
Here are some papers to sign
It’s nothing big
Just a simple formality
A real waste of paper
In all actuality
Oh you want to read them!
Well I guess that’s OK
You can just skim through it
If you need to be on your way
Well this first one allows us to drug you
You won’t feel a thing
Just a huge needle in your arm
Oh, it’s just a little sting
This one just lets you know
All the things we are going to do
Like slicing your skin like a tomato
And pushing lasers through
The Consultation
So you are having surgery...
It’s no big deal
Just a small little cut
And a clear liquid meal
Nothing can go wrong
Everything will be fine
But just in case
Here are some papers to sign
It’s nothing big
Just a simple formality
A real waste of paper
In all actuality
Oh you want to read them!
Well I guess that’s OK
You can just skim through it
If you need to be on your way
Well this first one allows us to drug you
You won’t feel a thing
Just a huge needle in your arm
Oh, it’s just a little sting
This one just lets you know
All the things we are going to do
Like slicing your skin like a tomato
And pushing lasers through
Now I’ve done this before
So don’t get all upset
It’s like learning to ride a bike
You never forget
So it’s been 11 years
I’m sure technology is the same
The tools might look a little different
And they might have changed the name
But again you’ll be fine
There is nothing to fear
Just sing your name there
There, there, and here
You still seem nervous
In no time it will be done
I could do this with my eyes closed
Oh, that sounds like fun!
Well I will see you tomorrow
Bright and early at eight
No, let’s make if nine
Tonight I’ll be out late
By the way my surgery went fine. i do not have endometriosis (which is a good thing) but that means we still don't have a solution for my infertility (which is of course a bad thing). We are fine with hat though. We are just waiting and praying and waiting some more. LOL.



1 comments:
the poem is really good! i really liked it! i am glad that you are ok! love you tons!
Post a Comment