So a few years ago I decided to make a Christmas ornament for all my Nieces and Nephews every Christmas. This year I was so happy with the craft idea I found that I wanted to share it with you all. Now I know it is really early for Christmas but to help wit our budget we think of Christmas all year round. So here it is step by step. I will show you the picture and then tell you how to do it as we go.
These are that the things you will need. You can find it all at any craft store. You will need the following: 3” clay pot; snowman hat to fit pot (or any small hat will do fine); paint (white, black, and any other color for the scarf); wooden carrot; 20” black yarn; jingle bell; paint brush & q-tip; and hot glue gun.
1) Paint the 3” pot white (inside and out)
2) With q-tip paint on eyes (for girls paint on eye lashes) and mouth the glue on the wooden carrot.
3) Paint any design on the rim of the pot for the scarf (if you use a colored hat try to use matching colors for the scarf)
4) Tie a double knot in the yarn so it creates a 4” long loop
5) Poke a hole in the top of the hat and pull loop through. Hot glue the knot to the top/inside of hat
6) Pull left over string through the hole in the pot and hot glue that hat to the top of the snowman (slightly tipped back)
7) Tie jingle bell inside the pot using the left over string. Cut off extra string
For accessories you will need the following: fake poinsettia flower; buttons; scissors; and hot glue gun
1) For boys glue a button on the front middle of the scarf and on the side of the hat
2) For girls cut off two small petals from poinsettia flower and glue them on to hat with button as shown, then glue button on the front middle of the scarf.
I hope you have fun making these. I did!



0 comments:
Post a Comment