Friday, January 2, 2009

Suspense Novel

As most of you know I love to write poems. A while ago I even wrote a children’s book. For the longest time I have wanted to write a suspense novel. So finally… it is started. I have written the intro and the first 4 paged of the book but all I am going to post is the intro. I hope you like it and keep you eyes open in the book stores. I just might be doing a book signing some day (probably not - but a girl can dream). there is no tital yet but I hope you like it.

The beginnign ...


“You’re ok, don’t worry. Just keep you head down and what ever you do… Don’t scream”

Intro

Carrie couldn’t understand what was going on. She couldn’t see a thing. She could tell that her eyes were open but all sight was gone. As she came closer and closer to conciseness she checked her other four scenes.

Smell. It was a combination of rust and dirt but there was another scent that she was not sure about. Sweat? Maybe.

Hearing. She thought she herd a quick but low passing of air but she couldn’t tell because there was a laud echo in the distance that seemed to be getting closer and closer. She new it was moving because as the noise got loader she could feel the ground beneath her vibrate more furiously.

Then, with a frightening realization, she recognized touch. Her entire body was pressed hard against the ground. Something or someone was wrapped around her torso, locking her arms tight against her sides so she could not move an inch. She tried to turn onto her back but when she moved her shoulder, what ever was holding her let go. She could tell that whatever it was moved about ten to fifteen feet away and stopped but she was so startled that she froze in place.

“Who are you? What do you want?” she muttered and curled her knees under her body as she let out a huge grunt trying to stand up. As she stood she found out that standing was a bad idea. “Ouch!!!” her hand flew to the crown of her head in reflex to cover the spot were a stabbing pain began to plus through her scalp. It felt like someone just hit her over the head with a bat, splitting her skull in two.

“I told you to keep you head down” the stranger snickered. His voice was low and rigged as if he was still recovering from an award winning 100 yard dash.

She felt something sticky and wet… “Blood, Great”

“Hold still. Let me take a look. And keep quite”. The stranger put his hand on her shoulder and pushed her back down towards the ground forcing her into an Indian style sitting position. He ran his fingers through her hair, parting it on the right side of her head where she obviously hit it against something hard and sharp. “It’s only a small cut. Just be glad that this one looks better then the one on your lip”

She slowly moved her hand over her lips not wanting to know what he was referring to. When she passed over her lower left lip she felt a sharp jolt of pain. Her stomach seemed to roll into itself as she tasted something like iron on the tip of her tongue. But instead being cold and hard like an iron bar, it was warm and wet.

“Blood!” she said with an exasperated sigh for the second time in the past 5 minutes. At least she had four of her five senses.”

2 comments:

Trina said...

Awesome! I totally want to read more! (if only the grammer and spelling were a little less distracting) anyway, let me know when you have more!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Keep going! And keep dreaming miss Sammie! I read a good qoute by Elder HOlland last night that I think you'd like:
"God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."
So keep believing and you'll be signing those books one day! love you!