Monday, September 14, 2009

My home made dog house

I know this is not a very good one but I am proud of it. A while ago I thought it would be fun to take the plywood that was left over from Ike and turn it into a dog house. I made some blue prints on Excel and decided how much wood we needed and the lengths. Aaron and I cut the plywood and we got a bunch of 2x4’s from the scraps leftover from the houses being build around us. The only thing we bought was the 4x4’s we used for the base and the nails. We even used paint we bought for our bathroom and decided not to use it. (it was one of the mess-ups and it was cheep but we realized it was exterior paint after we got home and could not use it. The dog house is double-walled for insulation in the Texas heat and a gap was left on top for ventilation. I also made a 4” lip on the roof so that rain could not get in through the venting. I know it is not the best but I think it looks good.

0 comments: