Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just a Few Thoughts

I have been contemplating a lot lately on the difference between trials and blessing. We say that with trials come blessings, but does that mean that our trials ARE blessings? Here is what I think.

Many times I have had trials, I have had times that were hard and times when I needed to turn to the Lord for help. Most of these times I failed to turn to the Lord, I don’t believe that these trials became blessings. But in the most recent past (the past 5 ½ years) I have tried over and over again to turn to the Lord for help through my trials and over and over again I have been thankful for the blessing that I have received because on my diligence and my faith that He will help me through it all. I know that this may sound like I am rambling and not making much sense but have you ever felt something so deeply that all you want to do is shout it on the mountain tops until everyone hears and believes your words. Well this is what I believe. I believe that our Heavenly Father does not bless us because we have trials but He blesses us because we turn to Him during our trials. He wants us to know that he loves us and that he is here for us. If we choose to handle our trials with pride and not turn to Him for help, we not only prevent him for easing our pain but we stop him for giving us the blessings He has in store for us. He wants us to be happy and He will help us find joy in even the darkest of times. I have been reading “The Work and The Glory” these past few days (hence the whole spiritual outburst) and all the things that Joseph Smith went through to help restore the gospel brings tears to my eyes. He was so strong and when he went through trial after trial he continued to hold his head high and proclaimed that God is the Father and he has restored His church to the earth again. Well… I want to proclaim to the world (all my fellow bloggers) that I KNOW that God is my Father and that He will never deny my his love and He will continue to bless me so far as I do all I can to show my love and gratitude for Him and for Our Savior Jesus Christ. I am sorry if this is not what you were expecting. this is not the type of blog I usually do but I want you to know that I have a testimony and that, with out a doubt, I love the gospel.

1 comments:

Trina said...

never, NEVER, apologize for sharing. i feel humbled. thank you.