Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM



Happy mothers day mom. I wanted you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me. There are so many times in my life that I know I would not have made it through if it were not for you. The following poem is one that you have read before but I wanted to remind you. I love you Mom... never forget that

Thank You Mom

When I was 1 you fed and bathed me
I thanked you by crying all night

When I was 2 you taught me to walk
I thanked you by running away when you called

When I was 3 you make our meals with love
I thanked you by throwing my plate on the floor

When I was 4 you gave me some crayons to color
I thanked you by coloring all over the white walls

When I was 5 you dressed be up for the holidays
I thanked you by jumping in the nearest water puddle

When I was 6 you walked me to school
I thanked you by yelling “I’M NOT GOING”

When I was 7 you made me a beautiful church dress
I thanked you by never warring

When I was 8 you warned me about the trials ahead
I thanked you by not allowing you to help me through them

When I was 10 you drove me to school, parties, & every ware else I wanted to go
I thanked you by jumping out of the car and never looking back

When I was 12 you helped me through my first heart brake
I thanked you by saying “You don’t know how I feel!!!”

When I was 14 you tried so hard to trust and believe in me
I thanked you by do everything you asked me not to

When I was 16 you took me and my friend to the movies
I thanked you by asking you to sit in a different row

When I was 18 you took me on a dream vacation to Disney Land
I thanked you by moving out the day after we came home

When I was 20 you began treating me like an adult
I thanked you by acting like a child

When I was 22 you spent your time and money so I can come home to visit
I thanked you by moving half-way across the country

Through the years of my youth and still today I have never been able to fully express my love and appreciation for all you have done. I hope you understand that I will never be able to but I will never stop trying. I Love You Mom!

1 comments:

Laura Evans said...

That was beautiful!