Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Salsa

For those of you who want it. Here is the recipe for my Salsa

Homemade Salsa

6 - 28oz Cans Large Tomatoes
1 Large white Onion (I like more so I put in 2)
10-15 JalapeƱos
6 Garlic cloves
2 Tbs Salt
5 Tbs vinegar
1/3 cup Cilantro - not chopped (optional)
1 tps Cumin

Blend all ingredients (for chunky salsa cop in food possessor) and put in LARGE pot. Bring to full rolling boil. Cook an additional 5 minutes then reduce heat and summer another 45 minutes. Pour into sanitized mason jars (may need 11-14 jars) top with two piece lid while salsa is still hot. Let set for 3 hours while it cools (this will vacuum seal the jars). To increase heat leave jars at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Store in refrigerator. (not sure how long the shelf life is but I can last longer then 2 years as long as the seal is not broken)
Note - To sanitize jars wash in dishwasher or soak boiling water.

0 comments: